Please do not attend your appointment if you are experiencing cold/flu or covid like symptoms.
Call to inform our staff prior to attending if you are unsure.
Depending on the time of your admission you will need to fast 6 hours prior to your surgery. This includes no food, water
or chewing gum.
Your Surgeon/Anaesthetist or ADS staff will advise you of your fasting requirements.
You will need to obtain instructions from your surgeon's rooms for any preparation that you may need to take (colonoscopy and some
Please make our staff and your anaesthetist aware of any Medical problems that you may have, such as a pacemaker, diabetes or allergies
prior to your procedure.
What to Bring
- CT, MRI and X-Rays if required.
- Medications that you are taking
- Money/Credit Card for payment of account and prescription medications
- Medicare and health fund cards
- Phone number of contact person who will pick you up.
It is recommended after your initial admission with our administration team that you leave any valuable/personal belongings with your
You must have someone to drive you home and care for you for 24hrs post surgery or your surgery will be cancelled. You can NOT drive
yourself home after surgery (this excludes patients having a local anaesthetic only)
- Please do not wear any jewellery or make up on the day of your surgery.
- You should not smoke 12 hours before your surgery.
- Wear comfortable, loose clothing as you will change into a gown before your surgery.
- You will receive an SMS the day before your procedure to confirm your admission time.
- The estimated time you will be here is 2 – 3 hours.
- If your condition changes (you become unwell) prior to the day of your surgery please phone us and your Doctor.
- It is best to leave any items of value at home (eg. wedding rings, sentimental items etc)