- Depending on the time of your admission you will need to fast 6 hours prior to your surgery. This includes no water and chewing gum.
- Your Surgeon or ADS staff will advise you of your fasting requirements.
- You will need to obtain instructions for any preparation that you need to take (colonoscopy and some laparoscopy procedures).
Please make our staff and your anaesthetist aware of any Medical problems that you may have, such as a pacemaker, diabetes or allergies.
What to Bring
- CT, MRI and X-Rays if required.
- Medications that you are taking.
- Money/Credit Card for payment of account and prescription medications.
- Medicare and health fund cards.
- Phone number of contact person who will pick you up.
- Please do not wear any jewellery or make up on the day of your surgery.
- You should not smoke 12 hours before your surgery.
- Wear comfortable, loose clothing as you will change into a gown before your surgery.
- You will not be permitted to drive home after your surgery; you will therefore need some one to pick you up (This excludes patients having Local Anaesthetic only).
- The estimated time you will be here is 2 – 3 hours.
- If your condition changes (you become unwell) prior to the day of your surgery please phone us and your Doctor.