Any payment due is required to be paid on the day of your surgery
If you are privately insured
We advise that prior to your admission you get in contact with your health fund and ask them a few questions.
- Am I fully covered for my hospital visit? (this does not include public or basic cover)
- Am I financial and have I served all waiting periods?
- Do I have any excess or co-payment with my cover?
- Are there any exclusions associated with my cover?
- Is my health fund contracted with the Albury Day Surgery? (If not you will be required to pay a $100 gap fee on top of any excess or co-payment)
If you are uninsured
You will need to phone the Albury Day Surgery with an item number for a quote.
Yes. We accept all major credit cards and have EFTPOS facilities.
On the Day
You will be here approximately 2-3hrs.
Please come to the Albury Day Surgery wearing comfortable clothing and do not wear make up, nail polish or jewellery.
Be sure to leave all valuables at home.
No. You must have someone to drive you home and stay with you for the 24 hours post surgery. Failure to comply will result in cancellation of your surgery.
- Depending on the time of your admission you will need to fast 6 hours prior to your surgery. This includes no water and chewing gum.
- Your Surgeon or Albury Day Surgery staff will advise you of your specific fasting requirements.
- You will need to obtain instructions for any preparation that you need to take (colonoscopy and some laparoscopy procedures).
Open: Monday to Friday
Office Hours: 08:30 am – 05:30pm
Information Handling Procedures
The Albury Day Surgery is committed to providing quality health care for its patients. As a fundamental part of this commitment, management and staff of the Albury Day Surgery recognise the importance of ensuring that our patients are fully informed and involved in their health care.
The Albury Day Surgery is a health provider in the private sector bound by the National Privacy Principles. These principles set the standards by which we handle personal information collected from our patients. A copy of these Principles is available for inspection from the reception desk or online here.
As a part of our commitment to providing quality health care it is necessary for us to maintain files pertaining to your health. These files contain the following types of information.
- Personal details (your name, address, date of birth, Medicare number)
- Your medical history
- Notes made during the course of medical consultations and procedures
- Referrals to other health service providers
- Results and reports received from other health care providers
The information held about you is provided by you or arises as a consequence of information provided by you.
Your medical file is handled with the utmost respect for your privacy. Your file will be accessed by your doctor and the Albury Day Surgery staff involved in your care. Our staff are bound by strict confidentiality requirements as a condition of employment regarding your medical records.
Ordinarily we will not release the contents of your file without your consent. However, we advise that there may be occasions where we will be required to release the details of your file irrespective of whether your consent to the disclosure of information is given. This will occur where the law requires disclosure, such as pursuant to a subpoena.
We advise that as a patient of the Albury Day Surgery you have rights of access to any information we hold concerning you. Should you wish to access this information we refer you to our handout entitled Accessing your Medical Record. As part of our commitment to preserving the confidentiality of the information contained in your medical record we advise that strict secure storage policies are observed. Your electronic records are accessible only by staff of Albury Day Surgery and are protected by a security password. Your paper records are kept in secure filing cabinets and accessible only by Albury Day Surgery staff. Each staff member is well versed in the principles and importance of doctor-patient confidentiality.